Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to glhf

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DuffCreeper

Fat Acceptance

5 posts in this topic

What's your opinion on the movement?

It's interesting how some people think it's alright to be fat. What I can't understand is why people think it's okay considering the wide range of health issues brought by being fat.

The uncomfortable truth is that being overweight is a health risk, and everyone should strive to be the correct weight for their age. However, many have glandular problems etc so if you see an overweight person when you're out and about you should probably withhold your judgement

I see that the media is promoting "plus sized" models more frequently however there is a point where they are not plus sized but simply unhealthy.

Erskine makes a point about glandular problems and whatnot, I have a friend with a thyroid problem and he simply eats healthy, exercises and takes the right medication and he does not have weight problems.

I think there are some very brainwashed individuals that think being obese is something that should be promoted when infact it is not good for people to think it is okay.

Making a change is very very difficult though and I cannot imagine what it would be like or what it would take for someone to change their mentality.

I don't mind fat people, and I don't mind them accepting who they are if they can't change it. If they can, we shouldn't force them to change it, and the media is doing something right for now. But, I agree with Jason in that making it look so fat is better than being skinny wouldn't be the best of ideas. Some people have problems that they cannot fix, and instead of directly promoting being fat, we should be promoting, or at least giving assistance to people who cannot change it. That way, at least we still know and acknowledge the fact while still making sure that people don't eat unhealthy.

EDIT: google ads gave me an ad about losing belly fat, gg

I can't get behind fat acceptance. I think that telling people it is ok to be fat is like telling people it is ok to smoke. We know that an unhealthy BMI can lead to serious health effects and limits the quality of life for the person. Growing up in a fat family has left me with a deep contempt for fat people, wanting to go and do things as a kid and being told we would not be able due to their gluttony really cut me up. If someone has the option to better their weight but chooses not to then they are the worse type of people.